Thursday, September 1, 2011

Live Leaks: Day 170

Okay we are back this weekend! And that means more Live Leaks!

I have been learning a lot in my photography class about using a technique called bracketing. Bracketing means taking multiple shots of a single subject using multiple exposures (known as "stops") to achieve a wider range of brightness in each picture. Therefore you have the option to pick the best lit picture later on. I like this technique because it allows me to take pictures without editing them in Photoshop. I think this technique is cool because It lets me rely less on Photoshop and more on my technique to take the perfect picture.

Below is a picture I took today of a recycling logo on the side of a blue dumpster. The photo is underexposed one stop (also known as -1) which gives it an interesting, saturated, almost painter like quality. Take note that this is a photo unedited in anyway. It is a raw photograph directly uploaded from my camera. Also take note that today was beautiful and sunny and the perfect day for shooting.

Pretty cool huh? (Click to enlarge)



No comments:

Post a Comment