Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Thoughts: Is Having A Period Really An Excuse?

Okay ladies I’m ready for you! Bring on the best reasoning you’ve got! Bring on the most logic explanations you can think of! We [men] want to know once and for all if your "week of hell" once a month is really as bad as you say it is...

I can already imagine the angry comments from women that are already beginning to form as you read this! I apologize. I’m not trying to sound like a douche at all. I’m being serious and curious. 


I will start out by saying I empathize, without question, 100% with all the girls that complain about the physical difficulties that come with being on your period. I can’t imagine the pain from cramps and other physical side effects you get from this, so I’m not trying to call you out there.

I am more concerned with the physiological side of this phenomenon. I admit I have challenged girls multiple times that have used this as an excuse to act irrational and take out anger/frustration on me. I understand your body feels like shit. The closest thing I can compare this with is being sick myself. Or perhaps the feeling of absolute soreness and lack of energy that comes after a playing a big sports game (only 24/7 for a few days straight). I try and understand that. But does that really carry on into your mindset and change your actions? Do you really lose all control and sense of rationality and patience? I understand hormones play a role in this, but is it really just all mental (just like how placebo drugs cure illnesses)? I’ve seen girls completely change personalities almost at a bi-polar level, just because it’s that time of the month.

I can’t help but feel like some of these actions are more along the lines of self-pity, rather than genuine cases of loss of control. When I’m sitting on the couch getting screamed at for no reason it’s hard for me to stop and say, “This isn’t you talking babe, it’s your period! Don’t worry that you broke my Xbox in your rage. Don't worry that you called me a worthless piece of self-centered DICK infested shit! I’ll overlook it because you were on your period!" (Cue sarcasm).


Come on. 


Obviously I am exaggerating but my point is made. Ladies please be honest with us once and for all! Are these mood swings really uncontrollable? Or are you just tired and cranky and using your period as an excuse to be a b#tch? Let us know the truth!

Comment below!

4 comments:

  1. I think its just a excuse. I'm pretty much the same on it as I am off it other than im bleeding for a straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hormones that cause the irrationality....not the pain...we cant control it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are saying you have zero control over your own emotions?

      Delete
    2. its like having roid rage, you cant control it

      Delete