Friday, April 27, 2012

Poster Design

In one of my classes last week we were assigned a design challenge. We had to design a concert poster for a band called El Ten Eleven in 1 hour.

This is what I made! I quickly researched the band and found out they played single and double necked bass guitars. Therefore, I incorporated them to represent the bands name literately (10 and 11)...The single neck bass looks like the number 10 and the double necked bass looks like the number 11. 

The rest of the design is simple. The poster is red to represent the venue (the Red Room). The texture represents the "dryness" of Tucson, AZ and "earthiness" of their instrumental music...same with the type. I chose to include a lot of space and minimize the size of the illustrative elements as a way to draw the viewer in for a closer inspection. 

Also, notice the subtle black flourished on the edges of the poster for added texture and style.

What do you think? Comment!

Designed by Mr.Matt

2 comments: