Monday, June 18, 2012

My Thoughts: Take Me Back

At least 3.5 times a week I extensively day dream about how badly I want to live the life of a wealthy plantation owner in the 1800's...


  • Everyone would do literally everything for me.
  • Pot would be completely legal and socially acceptable (and it would be free since I own a plantation to grow it).
  • I would own an actual Mustang.
  • And a real cannon.
  • My house would be huge.
  • All my furniture would be hand made from real wood, not saw dust from Ikea.
  • I would never have to eat fast food again.
  • The world would move at a slower pace, and therefore I would have more time to enjoy life.
  • There would be more wildlife to fish/hunt (my type of "fast food.")

Most of all: instead of being surrounded by an excess of people, buildings, and governments I would be surrounded by virgin ground. Unaltered, untouched mother nature; the way our creator intended the earth to be.

What the f@ck have we done to this place? I admit advancements in society clearly represent the limitless capabilities man has. But at what cost? My neighbors are so close I can hear them pooping if they eat something spicy. The government controls almost everything I do publicly and privately. And "up north" is nothing more than more houses and cities that circle man-made lakes filled with more people and boats that have motors attached to them.

Just because you have power to do something doesn't mean you should do it. Instead of trying to expand on previous generations I think we need to step back and slow down. Focus on health care to help people live longer, but beyond that the world needs to smoke a blunt and relax. Life is too short for all of us. Modern society is altogether too much stress on the human mind.

smfh -_- #takemeback

No comments:

Post a Comment