Monday, June 11, 2012

New Technology to Add Physical Buttons to Touch Screens

I love buttons. Ever since I got my first Super Nintendo I have been addicted to buttons. I like pressing them, mashing them, pushing them, and feeling them. There's nothing quite pushing a button that give you that sense of accomplishment...like you are actually doing something and not letting the CPU have all the fun.

That's why it took me some time to get used to the transition to from physical buttons to touchscreen devices such as my iPad and mobile phone.

But now Tactus Technology is developing the world's first dynamic deformable tactile surface capable of creating dynamic physical buttons that users can actually see and feel in advance of entering data into the device.

Amazing! I can't wait to try this new technology out.

Image SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment