Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Thoughts: Don't Believe This Scam! [Or This Design]

Hello!

Listen bloggers/web developers (and graphic designers), don't get scammed by this email!

I received this email (below) claiming that our blog could receive more hits if we decided to contact them immediately. 






When I copied and pasted the phony website into my address bar it lead me to this website (below).



At first I thought it was legitimate. But with further exploration I discovered all the links were not actually links and clicking any image in the slideshow would redirect me right back to the homepage.

So please...DO NOT email them back to, "Send additional information," so they can get, "all the details needed to make it happen."


- Mr.Matt

P.S. Logo designers, notice they included the most familiar internet/network icons towards the top of the page so the viewer would subconsciously identify with at least one of them immediately. Also, check out the wacky butterfly logo that suggests forward progression (like the new Twitter bird).

Lesson of the day, do not always trust a design.

No comments:

Post a Comment