Friday, February 3, 2012

Hand Lettered "M" Process

I love sharing how I create something so people can see how things manifest in my mind. Earlier today I posted a hand drawn "M" here. This is my process and how I created the piece...

First, my inspiration I found from a letter book. Some Arabic signage and Latin shield:
















My first sketch of the letter "M" for my name (Matt):




















Scanned the "M" into the computer:



















Sketched the rest of the ornamentation around the letter:



















Rescanned the final sketch above, traced it in illustrator with the pen tool, and selected the color scheme I wanted:




















Transferred the final vector image into Photoshop and added texture. Final product:

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous....I don't have talent. My M would look like this..."M". :)

    ReplyDelete